July 02, 2007

Good Day …Bad Day…geez



I’ve been meaning to write an update but this isn’t it. It’s been a friggin roller coaster ride the past few weeks. We did get back into our home, which means the power is back on. Oh and we also have running water now. WOOHOO. For the last couple of weeks though, I was under the impression that we had no hot water. Why would I think that? Oh I don’t know…could it have been the damn notice on the front door that said they cut my gas off??? So I’ve been taking fairly cold showers and stuff which hasn’t been that bad considering the water that comes out of the tap is warm from the heat of the day. Ah but that doesn’t bother me none..I got power and that means Air conditioning. Oh wait…two days after we got back in the house…the A/C broke down. AAARRRGH! Thank goodness for fans eh?
So okay, power, no a/c. Water…no hot water.
My kitty has been very sick for the last week. Renal failure and seizures. I’ve been giving her IV fluids every day. She was doing a little better but tonight, I went home to give her the fluids and she had a major seizure and died. She was old and it would have happened sooner or later but she was my last kitty that I had before my daughter was born. I’ll miss my sweet Bunny. I was glad I was with her in the end, even though it was hard to watch. I sang to her and stroked her body. After she passed, I went to the kitchen to do something and I turn on the water and I guess I pushed the lever to hot side and HEY!!! We have hot water! It was kinda hard to get excited about it but it was a nice little treat.
Did I mention that my dog has decided he can’t be without us? While we were out of the house for the first two days, he would stay with me while I worked all day then go home and spend the night without us. He did fine and then one day the neighbor calls to tell me my dog is sitting in the front yard. My calm dog JUMPED out the window. This time it was open. I got him situated and the next day he dove through a friggin closed window. So now he is living in a crate. Okay…not living in it…he spends like three hours a day in it but in those three hours, he manages to pull two or three heavy-duty wires loose. This is my sweet little dog that wouldn’t hurt a fly…but for goodness sakes don’t TRAP HIM! Who the hell knew….
On the upside I only have one and a half loan payments to go before I get caught up!
Another upside is that my husband is doing well since the heart attack. Okay there is more but I’m not at home and it is late…oh did I mention I have no internet, because my phone is off for now? Well I didn’t want to end on a down note so…..let’s see….I’m still working! Hey that’s a positive note right????
Okay....your turn…write me a note or else……..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi honey. None of my problems come anywhere close to yours, so I won't bitch. Perhaps I can entertain you with tales of my crazy boys - Nolan figured out the other day that "It's three against two" in our house, kids vs. adults. Greeeeeat. Aaron left a perfectly round little pooper in his potty and now refuses to use it. I may have to try Erin's "stack of underwear" trick. Jackson jumped off the high dive 8x the other day. I wasn't there to see it, thank God.

I'm glad to hear Rick is doing better and that you guys are slowly but surely getting caught up. PLEASE contact me any time if you need anything. Would a prepaid cell phone help?? Anything? Does Hannah need anything? You? Give me sizes; my best friend here in town LOVES hitting garage sales and I could put her on the hunt for ya.

Love you!

rantingmama said...

Yo my Toni-o. I know it all sounds bad on this end but honestly, I am so darn lucky to have friends that have helped me in so many ways. Without my friends near and far, I would be lost. So baby, I am RICH!
Thank you for sharing the lovely "Poopy" story. Oh and did you say HIGH DIVE? Holy crap! I'm just mortified knowing he did it. What a brave boy.
I guess I'm not supposed to say WAY TO GO NOLAN for figuring out the numbers game in the family. BUt you know, deep inside I'm giggling.
LOVE YOU TOO!