April 10, 2007

Oh it's a strange day

Today is the first day that my husband has gone to a job in about 9 years. Actually 12 years if you don't count a few odd jobs that were contract work. It just so happens I have today off. So here I sit with my daughter at school and my husband at work. Is this what it is supposed to be like? Is this what the "real" world of family is like? It's weird I tell ya. Oh don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the quiet and if I could really focus, I could get a lot done but I can't. It's just all too strange to me.
If our water wasn't still turned off, I'd be doing dishes and laundry, I might even take a shower. But alas, just because we both have jobs, it doesn't mean we have money yet. For the first few months we'll be catching up on bills. I can hardly believe that at some point, we may actually have enough money to not have to worry when the power is going to be turned off. I'm honestly afraid to even think that far along.
Even more exciting but not to be thought about for fear it won't happen, is that if we can get our loan refinanced and have a tad more added to it, we can maybe get a second car. Not a new one mind you, that will never happen, but a car that is new to us. I've been looking at all the reports on gas mileage. There are two cars I think would fit our needs and keep the gas costs down and they are both Toyotas. Uh...anybody out there wanna donate a Toyota Matrix 4 door or even an older style Corolla? Yeah that's what I thought. The way our days are going now is that we all pile in the ol hooptie 93 Taurus and drop my daughter off at school. Then we head out to my hubby's new work. I drop him off and then come back into town and start driving everywhere to see my animal clients. My car will not last long. So, keep your fingers crossed that I can get the money added to the loan...hey it worked when you all sent good thoughts for the husband getting a job so why not have it work for this too.
Well, I'm going to go actually try to be productive and then go pick up that wonderful child of mine who has a new attitude and it's usually full of piss and vinegar and pointed straight at me.
Thanks for being here folks!
Why not leave a comment?

4 comments:

Melessa Gregg said...

Good second car thoughts...good second car thoughts...good second car thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers from me, June! Man I wish we still had that Camry we gave to my brother. We let him sell it for next to nothing, though. :o(

Love you,
Jennifer

Zippy said...

Keep an eye out for Saturn wagons, too. Good gas mileage, good service records, and they can carry a lot of crap.

What the hey's your husband been doing for nine years? I get all squirmy if I'm away from my job for nine days. :)

rantingmama said...

WOW I have three comments!!!!
Melessa- thank you so much for the good second car thoughts.....now I just need car thoughts in general. First car bit the dust.

Yo Jen! Next time yer wanting to give things away...just call me!
Thank you for thinking of me though.

Hey ZIppy! Thanks for stopping by AND for commenting.
You are soo right. I love me some Saturns. I'm honestly not picky. I'll take ANY car right now as long as it has A/C and good gas mileage.
On the hubby front, he was being a stay at home Dad for 9 years. Hardest job he has ever had but he did a damn fine job. Now that the daughter is getting a bit older, I think he is mighty glad to be working outside the home. Don't get me wrong, he misses her a lot but he doesn't get the daily brunt of her attitude anymore. That is now saved for me. Ahhhhhhhhh this is the life.......NOT