March 31, 2007

Stop this ride!!!!

Here, take my hand. That's it...reach out and take a quick ride with me...
I knew you were chicken. Rightly so.
I've been riding the March Madness Roller Coaster AKA my friggin life.
It's a good news bad news, good news kinda month.(note I ended that on good news. I'm working on my negative thing, kinda like my friend Natalie who has issues with ending lists on an odd number)
Alright, let's get this ride started. As we start this ride, we are going uphill...YES that is right UPHILL. I GOT A JOB!!!! Can I get a HELL YEAH!
It is right up my alley too. I'm a pet sitter/dog walker. Perfect for me. I love animals and you can trust me with your home and pet...(oh hush).

Hold on tight, we are at the top of the hill.........and..........oh crap here is the drop.
After working three days I come home and BLAMMO I get a letter saying I have COMMITED A CRIME! Wha???? Me???? I'm like almost squeaky clean. People hate me because I won't break the law and cut loose.
So it turns out in December back when I had some banking, financial disasters and ended up with a bunch of bounced checks, I forgot to pay one of them. I thought I got all of them taken care of. It turns out I didn't. I missed one check. So the store filed a case against me in court. I'm accused of theft by check or something like that. I followed the directions and ran over and paid the store. Then I called the court to find out what next and they tell me that until I bring them the reciept, I HAVE A WARRANT OUT FOR ME!! I shot over there as fast as I could(obeying all laws of course) and gave them the reciept. Then I find out I can either pay the window fine of $200 or make a court date to talk to the judge. I made a court date. EWWWWWW. So we wait til then......There is no warrant anymore at least.

Okay..we're now rolling along the tracks again. We're on a slight incline....... could we be heading uphill again? Could it be, things are looking up? AWW hell no!!
It's a friggin loop de loop.
I come home to find a summons on the floor. We're being sued for back property taxes.
At least it is only $6,000. It could have been a LOT worse. I have 20 days to figure out what to do. Uh.....I'm still figuring that one out........

Now we are coming out of that last spin....we're going uphill again...YIPPEEEEE
MY husband gets an interview and we are almost positive he got the job! WOOHOOO!
HOLD ON!!!We're dropping like hell again. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH it's a steep one now...........
On the way from the job interview the car starts doing something weird. Shimmying and smelling like something is burning. Not unlike what happens when some people I know try to dance(not naming names here). By some miracle of miracles, he gets the car home.
Of course this totally ruins my chance of earning money over the weekend by working.
I HAVE to have a car to do the pet sitting thing.

WHEW the ride is starting to even out again.........
Today my husband is getting the car fixed. Of course it is taking every bit of money I made last week..but it is getting fixed.
So for now....we are still on this damn ride...just waiting to see what lies ahead on the tracks....
So, c'mon....take my hand. It could be fun.........or not!

2 comments:

Melessa Gregg said...

just stay on the ride, junebug-you'll make it!

rantingmama said...

why thank you melessa. I think I may need some motion sickness pilss to handle it...butI'll be hanging on for dear life.