August 19, 2009

Things are going to be different around here

Hi folks! It's been almost 2 years and now I decide to write again?
I may pop on from time to time to throw a weird thing out there or two.
I'm still living the life of a "almost poor enough to get help but nooooot poor enough".
I'm the American dream of slipping through the cracks. Husband has insurance(thank God) but we can't get H and I on it or it will take his entire pay check. I'm barely working but trying to pick up more jobs every day. I have a car now and so does the husband. Neither one has a/c. Can you say HOT AS HELL when it's 102 out and you are stuck in traffic? Hey but at least we have cars right? Both cars are older than the hills and if we were able to to make a car payment PLUS full coverage insurance we could have easily fit the Cash for Clunkers thing. That's another one of those slip through the cracks things. Pretty sure we were not thought about when they dreamed up that little program.
Another little exciting event is this:
I've been taking anti depressants for almost 9 years. When I went on them, I was unemployed as was my husband so I was able to get on the county program. Even as we started making a bit of money, I was able to stay in the program but pay a little.
Once we started doing better financially, my eligibility was dropped like a hot potato. What does this mean? It means that for the last few months I have been having to wean myself off of my anti-depressants. It will take at the very least 4-6 weeks to get back in the system since I do not have a steady job anymore.
So folks, while I go through the weird withdrawals please don't mind the typos and strange utterances from beyond.
Tis only me.

No comments: