November 05, 2006

The one where I get real

THIS HAS BEEN EDITED TO TAKE OUT THE MISSION AND GIVING ROOM STUFF!
Someone asked me what they could do for me. I’m not one to often ask for things. Usually because I feel this unending need to pay people back. AND once I already had to go to allow folks to help me and I hated it.......
I’m going to be so honest here that it is going to hurt. IF you know me personally, please don’t look at me pitifully and mention things to your child about that poor family. The last thing I want is my daughter to know the situation. Also, please don’t talk to me about it because I will start crying. I am TOTALLY not pretty when I cry.
Oh and by the way. I’ll make it anyway, I always do.
Okay, here we go:
I’d love to win the lottery but who wouldn’t? That is not reality. I’d love to have some philanthropist throw about $40,000 my way. I can’t begin to tell you what that would do for our world. That amount of money would help get the house in working order, a few doctor bills paid, get health insurance for at least 6 months for our family and also allow us the time to get our house in order so we can finally have people over so we can network and get back in contact with our friends.
So if you know a philanthropist that is need of a charity that can’t give them anything but a heartfelt “Thank You”, please let them know. I’m sure there is someone out there that knows Oprah, Bill & Melinda Gates, Mark Cuban, Jeff Bezos , Warren Buffet or Sir Richard Branson , just to name a few. Surely there is SOMEONE out there with more money than they can use this month. I'll take a measley $1,500 to $2000 a month to stay home and raise my daughter well. Keep reading to find out just what I would do with a monthly salary.
Reality
I need a storage unit. I am still collecting items for the benefit garage sale that didn’t go very well before. We’ll be having it again on Nov.24-26. Until then, I have boxes of things in my house that keep getting confused with my Ebay items to sell and, well it’s a disaster.
Dream
I’d love to continue taking donations for the sale but I can’t if I don’t have space. So if anyone knows of a storage facility that will give me one month free, that would rock. Oh and since I have a crappy old car, it would be really helpful if it was close to the 77035 Zip Code.
Reality
I need a job. Preferably a part time job from like 9am-1pm. One I don’t need to dress up for because I don’t have the clothing. One that is close by because I have a sucky car that won’t make it far.
My husband needs a job. Preferably a job that doesn’t require dressing up because he doesn’t have office clothing at all. He can not lift more than 40lbs yet he will tell you he can.. Oh he CAN lift it but he probably won’t be able to walk for a few days. Need somebody to clean your pool? He can do it. He has tried to get a job at Pool supply stores but they seem to want someone younger than 50. He rocks at customer service. He also loves plants. So if you own a nursery or know someone who does, he’d love to work there.
We can both take drug tests and background checks.
Dream
There has to be SOMEONE out there that wants to pay me $1500 to $2000 for staying home and being my daughter’s mother. At least until January 2007. Heck the government pays people to just sit home and collect money from them PLUS they pay for daycare. I’d rather not suck off the system. I will work from home. I can edit your blog, read your work and tell you what I think. I can give my opinion all day long. Don’t think for a minute I would just sit around. I would be cleaning house, helping my daughter with homework , playing with my daughter, Selling on Ebay and Craigslist, helping others and being a good citizen and be active in my community. All things I have a hell of a time doing now because every day and minute is focused on getting the immediate bills paid. So, if you know someone out there that wants to keep a mother home, give them my name and number.
Okay, so I think we’ve covered it. I need money, a car and a job. Once I get that under control we can talk about having Ty come do a home makeover. Oh and yeah I could really dig a full body massage , spa, haircut, massage, dermabrasion, massage, some new clothes...did I mention a massage?
Hate mail me if you want. Tell me I should be happy for what I have and that some people are in much worse situations. Trust me I KNOW . That is why I try to help those people. And do not get me wrong, I am VERY happy and VERY grateful for what I have. Someone asked me what I needed and I decided I’d just put this out there.

No comments: